Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome to the Reading Mama Blog!


“All of life is a journey: which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.” Anonymous

This begins my journey as a blogger.

Just a little background info before we get started: I am a 35 (yikes!) year old mom and teacher. I am Missouri born and raised. I have now, however, lived in Nebraska long enough I am referring to "soda" as "pop." My interests include my two adorable girls (ages 5 & 9), reading (of course, I'm a librarian!), cooking (I LOVE to eat), my walk with Christ (I'm hanging on the edge of a cliff at the moment) and keeping up with friends on Facebook.

My goal for this blog is to connect the joys of teaching and parenting to children's literature. As an elementary school teacher-librarian, I cannot emphasis enough how important it is for parents to read to your children, particularly your small children. It is important for parents to make reading fun to get their children engaged and excited about books. I think I can assist with that!

“The single most significant factor influencing a child’s educational success is an introduction to books and being read to at home prior to beginning school.” National Commission on Reading

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment