Saturday, February 20, 2010

Someday My Spring Will Come

I am generally a pleasant, agreeable, mostly happy person. Just ask anyone (okay, with the exception of my husband). There are very few things I really, REALLY dislike. However, one thing on that list is something we’ve been seeing way too much of: SNOW. I have a HUGE dislike for snow. So when I woke up this morning and saw more of that darn white stuff, I was not very happy. I keep telling my husband that I truly would love to move somewhere that the word "winter" is never experienced. So far he hasn’t given in.

I would honestly do anything for my children, except play in the snow. I figure that can be one thing on Daddy's list of specialties. In fact, the best way for me to admire a snowman is inside the house under my zebra print Snuggie. The most adorable snowmen friends can be found in Snowmen at Night by Caralyn and Mark Buehner. Sharing this book with a bitty loved one on your lap is sure to warm your spirits!

It is a cute story that explains why a snowman looks a bit worn out and droopy in the morning. Each snowman has their own lively personality that makes them jump of the pages! For an added perk, the illustrator had included hidden pictures that will surely entertain your little book lover.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment