Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Now You're Reading!


I just cannot keep this a secret! Thanks to a fabulous library media mentor of mine, I've discovered a terrific resource for anyone who wants to encourage kids to read. This website is full of ideas and resources for parents, teachers, librarians and fun for kids alike:

http://www.bookitprogram.com/default.asp

Last year the Pizza Hut Book It! program celebrated 25 years. I remember as a child earning a free individual pan pizza for reading. Though I loved to read, it still was a fun reward for the accomplishment. Thousands of children over the years have been encouraged by this program.

The Book It! program has now outdone itself by creating the R.E.D. Zone, standing for READ EVERY DAY. The purpose is to encourage parents to read aloud to their small children 20 minutes everyday. Pizza Hut and I are on the same page! The resources and activities on this page are outstanding. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment